The global guaranteed asset protection (GAP) insurance market is set to experience substantial growth, with a projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of approximately 10.3% from 2023 to 2030. By the end of 2030, the market value for GAP insurance is expected to reach around US$6.95 billion.
GAP insurance offers financial protection to individuals who finance or lease a vehicle, safeguarding them from potential financial losses in the event of theft or total loss of the vehicle. Often, there is a disparity between the loan or lease amount and the actual value of the vehicle, attributed to factors like depreciation, interest, and other associated costs. In cases of theft or total loss due to accidents, insurance companies typically reimburse the actual market value of the vehicle, which can be substantially lower than the outstanding loan or lease amount. The rising global sales of automobiles, exemplified by the surge in auto sales in Germany from 241,330 in March 2022 to 281,361 in March 2023, as reported by the Automotive Industry Portal, is a driving force behind the demand for GAP insurance. The proliferation of vehicles on the road expands the potential customer base for GAP insurance providers.
Key Report Findings
- Substantial Revenue Expansion: The GAP insurance market is poised for significant revenue growth between 2023 and 2030.
- Market Drivers: Several factors are shaping the market, including the increase in vehicle sales, rising demand for car loans and leases, and a consistent growth in accidents and auto thefts.
- Preference for Finance GAP Insurance: Finance GAP insurance is expected to maintain a higher demand in the market.
- Passenger Cars Lead: In 2022, the passenger cars category held the highest revenue share in the guaranteed asset protection (GAP) insurance market.
- Regional Leadership: Asia Pacific is set to lead the market, while North America is expected to experience the most robust growth through 2030.
- High Security and Reduced Risk on Motor Vehicles: Depreciation of vehicles, which can reach 20 to 30% of the total value shortly after purchase, leaves a disparity between the outstanding loan amount and the vehicles depreciated value. GAP insurance bridges this gap, covering the difference between the remaining loan amount and the diminished value of the vehicle. In cases of theft, loss, or destruction of the vehicle, the outstanding loan debt remains unaffected, making GAP insurance an essential financial safeguard.
- Quick Claim Settlement: GAP insurance offers expedited claim settlements, especially in accidents involving bodily harm or fatalities. Unlike traditional vehicle insurance claims that may require lengthy court proceedings, GAP insurance ensures a faster resolution of claims when all necessary documentation is provided, facilitating a swift financial recovery for policyholders.
Integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Unlocking Opportunities: The GAP insurance industry can explore innovative ways of operation and addressing customer needs while enhancing security for both customers and staff. Investments in IT infrastructure, enhanced data capabilities, digital assessment tools, and streamlined complaint mechanisms have become crucial in the wake of the pandemic, accelerating the industrys growth. Leveraging AI, telematics, and other cutting-edge technologies can streamline underwriting processes and provide enhanced customer experiences. Additionally, the growing importance of cybersecurity in the wake of cyber risks opens up opportunities for insurers to offer coverage against such threats.
Growth Opportunities Across Regions
- Asia Pacific Tops the Charts: The Asia Pacific region leads the GAP insurance market, primarily due to the requirement for commercial auto insurance for business-related vehicles. This regulatory mandate encourages the purchase of GAP insurance to mitigate value loss. Rising automobile sales, particularly in countries like China and India, contribute significantly to market growth.
- North America Grows Lucrative: North America boasts significant market growth, driven by early insurance adoption and high car ownership rates. Prominent industry players such as Allstate, State Farm, Progressive, Geico (Berkshire Hathaway), and others contribute to substantial revenue growth. The presence of comprehensive insurance policies and stringent government regulations further propels market expansion.
GAP Insurance Market: Competitive Landscape
Leading players in the guaranteed asset protection insurance market include Zurich, Direct Gap, American Family Insurance, AXA, Admiral Group PLC, Allstate Insurance Company, State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Aviva, Chubb, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Allianz, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Majesco, Kemper Corporation, and The Travelers Indemnity Company.
Browse Global Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Insurance Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Regional Outlook, and Forecast 2023-2030 (By Type Coverage, By Application Coverage, By Distribution Channel Coverage, By Geographic Coverage and Leading Companies): https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/guaranteed-asset-protection-gap-insurance-market
Blockchain in Insurance Market: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/blockchain-in-insurance-market
Insurance Brokers Software Market: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/insurance-brokers-software-market
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Fast Amplify journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.